Debian 3.0 (woody) packages

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 04:23:45 CEST 2002

Sean,
Under Debian, if your sources.list contains unstable, you can just apt-get
install nagios-text (currently 1.0b5-21 - Thanks Turbo!) and you will be
underway.

If you are running stable, put the following in your /etc/apt/sources file:

#cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free

And the following in your /etc/apt/preferences file:

#cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: -10

That way when you do apt-get upgrade you will only get the stable package
updated, NOT the unstable packages (the pin-priority -10 sets the unstable
packages to never-automatically-update).

To install nagios from unstable, do this:
apt-get -t unstable install nagios-text

and you are off - note that nagios will not be updated from the unstable
dist unless you issue the above command again.

Have fun,
Greg

At 06:49 24/10/2002, Sean McAvoy wrote:
>Hello,
>I have been fighting to get some packages (either rpm->deb via alien, or
>port the sid packages to woody). Has anyone else attempted this with
>luck, of if not what were the problems? How have other Debian (3.0
>woody) used nagios. Comments appreciated.
>Thanks
>

>--
>Sean McAvoy
>Network Analyst