Odd notification behavior

Josh Larsen, Monitored Security josh.larsen at monitoredsecurity.com
Wed Oct 23 17:49:33 CEST 2002

I'm seeing some wierd behavior with some of my service notifications.  Here's the scenario:  a service check has been failing for some time, with notifications going out every hour (like they're supposed to).  Then, all of a sudden the alerts stopped going out.  The service hasn't been acknowledged, the host is still up.  You can see from the information below that the service is still being checked, and the last notification was almost 6 hours ago.  There are escalations for this service too, but they are supposed to go to infinity.  This is happening on multiple service checks with no apparent pattern.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

---------------<service info>-----------------------------

Current Status:			CRITICAL
Status Information:		last log 27d 2h 59m 35s ago! (1556k)
Current Attempt:			2/2
State Type:				HARD
Last Check Type:			ACTIVE
Last Check Time:			10-23-2002 15:37:35
Status Data Age:			0d 0h 4m 23s
Next Scheduled Active Check:  10-23-2002 15:42:35
Latency:				< 1 second
Check Duration:			< 1 second
Last State Change:		10-21-2002 12:20:19
Current State Duration:		2d 3h 21m 39s
Last Service Notification:	10-23-2002 09:45:08
Current Notification Number:	14
Is This Service Flapping?	NO
Percent State Change:		0.00%
In Scheduled Downtime?		NO