plugin install error 1

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Wed Oct 23 13:32:39 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 06:32, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> Actually, all is fine upto that point.
>
> The WARNING from automake merely indicate that we have some files in CVS
> to supprot older versions, even though the code is rewriiten to the
> newest version.
>
> debin rules you can just ignore because you're not making a debial
> package.
>
> So just go ahead and configure, then make.
>
> --
> Karl

Karl,

Again, thanks for the response.  Ran ./configure and Make All.
./configure seemed to go fine however the "make all" bombed.  below is
the complete event cut from my terminal.

[root at localhost nagiosplug-1.3-beta1]# ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-cgiurl=/cgi-bin/nagios
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for aclocal... /usr/bin/aclocal
checking for automake... /usr/bin/automake
checking for autoconf... /usr/bin/autoconf
checking for autoheader... /usr/bin/autoheader
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for hostname... /bin/hostname
checking for basename... /bin/basename
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getloadavg... yes
checking for pstat_getdynamic... no
checking for kstat_open in -lkstat... no
checking for getloadavg... yes
checking whether getloadavg requires setgid... no
checking for main in -ldce... no
checking for main in -lnsl... yes
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for main in -lresolv... yes
checking for main in -lcrypt... yes
checking for PQsetdbLogin in -lpq... no
configure: WARNING: Skipping PostgreSQL plugin (check_pgsql)
configure: WARNING: LIBS="-lcrypt " CPPFLAGS=""
configure: WARNING: install PostgreSQL libs to compile this plugin (see
Requirements).
checking for rc_read_config in -lradiusclient... no
configure: WARNING: Skipping radius plugin
configure: WARNING: install radius libs to compile this plugin (see
Requirements).
checking for main in -lldap... yes
configure: WARNING: Skipping mysql plugin
configure: WARNING: install mysql client libs to compile this plugin
(see Requirements).
checking for openssl... /usr/bin/openssl
checking openssl/x509.h usability... yes
checking openssl/x509.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/x509.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h usability... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
checking openssl/pem.h usability... yes
checking openssl/pem.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
checking openssl/crypto.h usability... yes
checking openssl/crypto.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/crypto.h... yes
checking openssl/err.h usability... yes
checking openssl/err.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/err.h... yes
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for main in -lssl... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking signal.h usability... yes
checking signal.h presence... yes
checking for signal.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking uio.h usability... no
checking uio.h presence... no
checking for uio.h... no
checking errno.h usability... yes
checking errno.h presence... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking regex.h usability... yes
checking regex.h presence... yes
checking for regex.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/loadavg.h usability... no
checking sys/loadavg.h presence... no
checking for sys/loadavg.h... no
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for getopt_long... yes
checking for getopt_long_only... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for strtod... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for type of socket size... int
checking for ps... /bin/ps
      ps syntax... /bin/ps -axo 'stat comm vsz rss user ppid args'
checking for df... /bin/df
"      df syntax... /bin/df -Pk"
checking for ping... /bin/ping
      ping syntax... /bin/ping -n -U -c <count> <host>
checking for nslookup... /usr/bin/nslookup
checking "nslookup syntax"... "/usr/bin/nslookup -sil"
checking for host... /usr/bin/host
checking "host syntax"... "/usr/bin/host"
checking for uptime... /usr/bin/uptime
checking for rpcinfo... no
checking for ntpdate... no
checking for ntpdc... no
checking for xntpdc... no
** Install NTP programs (http://www.ntp.org) if you want to monitor time
synchronization
checking for lmstat... no
** Get lmstat from Globetrotter Software to monitor flexlm licenses
checking for smbclient... /usr/bin/smbclient
checking for who... /usr/bin/who
checking for snmpget... /usr/bin/snmpget
checking for snmpgetnext... /usr/bin/snmpgetnext
** Tried /usr/bin/perl - install Net::SNMP perl module if you want to
        use the perl snmp plugins
checking for quakestat... no
checking for qstat... no
** Get qstat from http://www.activesw.com/people/steve/qstat.html in
order to make check_game plugin
checking for fping... no
** Get fping from http://www.fping.com in order to make check_fping
plugin
checking for ssh... /usr/bin/ssh
found /proc/meminfo
checking for dig... /usr/bin/dig
yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating subst
config.status: creating plugins/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/Makefile
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/subst
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/utils.pm
config.status: creating plugins-scripts/utils.sh
config.status: creating command.cfg
config.status: creating test.pl
config.status: creating plugins/config.h
config.status: creating plugins/common.h
config.status: plugins/common.h is unchanged
config.status: creating plugins/version.h
config.status: plugins/version.h is unchanged
config.status: creating plugins/netutils.h
config.status: plugins/netutils.h is unchanged
config.status: creating plugins/utils.h
config.status: plugins/utils.h is unchanged
config.status: creating plugins/popen.h
config.status: plugins/popen.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default commands

[root at localhost nagiosplug-1.3-beta1]# make all
Making all in plugins
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jsm/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1/plugins'
Makefile:655: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jsm/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1/plugins'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[root at localhost nagiosplug-1.3-beta1]#