Hostgroups and Services

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Tue Oct 22 19:35:22 CEST 2002

Okay, here it is
The error:
Reading configuration data...

Error: Invalid max_attempts, check_interval, retry_interval, or
notification_interval value for service 'Dealer FTP service' on host
'drive.wilmits'

Error: Could not register service (config file
'/etc/nagios/services-dealers.cfg', line 25)

The config:

define service{
        name                            dealer-service
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        parallelize_check               1
        obsess_over_service             1
        check_freshness                 0
        notifications_enabled           1
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            2
        contact_groups                  technical-support
        check_period                    24x7
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r,u ; test
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        use                             dealer-service
        hostgroup_name                  testgroup
        service_description             Dealer FTP service
        check_command                   check_ftp
        }

and the hostgroup.cfg entry:
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  testgroup
        alias           This is a test group
        contact_groups  technical-support
        members         drive.wilmits,drive.jackmac
        }

Is that enough?

--
Sean McAvoy