FW: 3d Map

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Oct 22 21:42:00 CEST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:16 PM
To: 'Jon Lyons'
Subject: RE: 3d Map

Hi Jon,

I started configuring the information for the 3D status map. I went to the
CVS site and downloaded the source file
for the newer version of statuswrl.cgi. I went through compiling the file
and then copied it to the sbin
directory under Nagios. I also installed the Cortona plug-in for Internet
Explorer. After that I went through the
motions of modifying the hostextinfo.cfg file. Shown below is the
configuration of the first host that I wanted
to test out.

# Bugzilla definition
define hostextinfo{
	host_name		bugzilla.mgh.harvard.edu
	icon_image		linux40.jpg
	icon_image_alt		Linux
	vrml_image		linux40.jpg
	statusmap_image		linux40.jpg
	gd2_image		linux40.jpg
	register		1
	3d_coords		20.0,7.0,0.0		; 3-D Drawing
Coordinates
	}

When I restarted Nagios and attempted to access the 3D map display, I got to
the 3-D map screen but no images appeared.
Also, the Cortona console appeared with the following message:

name expected
File: http://nagios/cgi-bin/nagios/statuswrl.cgi?host=all
Line: 229
Column: 24

I'm guessing that something went wrong with the compiling of the cgi file,
but I'm not positive on that. What do you think?