(no subject)

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Oct 22 16:11:05 CEST 2002

log_initial_states=1 in your nagios.cfg file and/or on Step 3 of the
report creation, Assume Initial States: Yes and First Assumed State:
Host Up.

Nagios never checks the status of a host until a service on the host has
failed. It would appear that for the majority of your hosts, that has
not been the case. The log_inital_states option will log an OK state
(host assumed to be up) for all hosts on restart, assuming a service
check returned OK as well.

--
Marc

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4699841;7576298;k?http://www.sun.com/javav