interval_length < 60 secs?

Daniel Riek riek at de.alcove.com
Tue Oct 22 13:29:13 CEST 2002

Hi,

we are using nagios in connection with heartbeat in an environment,
where we would like to have a very short interval between checks on
certain services. It should be about 10 or 15 seconds...
The only way to reach this is to set the "interval_length" in nagios.cfg
to 15 seconds, as far as I understand. But there is a comment in the
example file, that says:
"# INTERVAL LENGTH
# This is the seconds per unit interval as used in the
# host/contact/service configuration files.  Setting this to 60 means
# that each interval is one minute long (60 seconds).  Other settings
# have not been tested much, so your mileage is likely to vary..."

So I'd like to know, if anyone ever tried a shorter interval?

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Riek <riek at de.alcove.com>   -    http://www.alcove.com/de/
* Technical Manager                -    Tel.:   +49 (0)2 28 / 9 08 69 85