Host Check Clarification

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Mon Oct 21 23:03:05 CEST 2002

i am away from my docs right now but here is how it works.

if the a service check, any service check (this would include the first of
many) returns a Non-OK status, then the host is checked.

if the host checks OK, then the services are scheduled for check using the
service's check_retry_interval.  If the service stays Non-OK until
max_attempts, then the service notification is sent.

if the host check is Non-OK, then the host is pounded.  If it stays Non-OK
until max_attempts (for the host) then the host notification is sent.

under both of these circumstances the service is now rescheduled at its
normal_check_interval.

the difference is that if the host is down, then service notifications are
squelched.

later,
dean