Problem runnningtrends.cgi/statusmap.cgi/histogram.cgi

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Oct 21 06:44:21 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 00:15, Grae Noble wrote:
> Hi,
> Where is libz.so? Is its location included in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the apache startup script? (you may need to add it)
> Also, does the user apache is running as have access to this file? ( su to that user and run "file path_to_where_it_is/libz.so" should tell you).

IIRC, on solaris 7, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the wrong concept.

At build time you define LD_RUN_PATH to include the directories that
should be searched. Look at mkpackage in the nagios CVS tree. I wrote it
while netsaint was the active project, but it should still work for
nagios, or very close (I'll gladly accept any patches to make it work).

(mkpackage is specific to solaris as far as I know, but if other
platforms use a similar packaging structure and it can be extended, let
me know)

--
Karl