[Nagios-users] Problems with check_sshd

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sun Oct 20 14:22:46 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 11:56, Furnish, Trever G wrote:
> IMHO there should be an option within openssh to supress this type of
> message in the logs without supressing others, such as incorrect or
> completed logins, but the openssh developers seem to feel differently...
> Perhaps if more people ask or someone submits a patch to a recent build...?

I think the OpenSSH developers would correctly consider half-open
connections to be a valid security issue that they should not suppress.
If you keep your chekcs infrequent, your log space will not be an issue.
And half-decent log filtering software should be able to ignore this in
the warnings.

Incidentally, in theory I do know ho to prevent this. But it is not
trivial to implement, as it requires negitiating protocols etc. I do not
expect to have the time to do it in the near future.

A rather different approach, maybe worthwhile, would be a be a wrapper
around ScanSSH?