Flexible Downtime not working...

Nolan Martin Nolan.Martin at co.travis.tx.us
Thu Oct 17 19:06:38 CEST 2002

Having another issue with downtime scheduling.  In the past, I have
always used fixed downtime scheduling and it has worked fine.

I have tried recently to schedule some devices for flexible downtime
and am not seeing it work properly.  I schedule the device for 1 hr 30
minutes down time starting immediately.  The server goes down 5 minutes
later.  Yet, notifications are still sent out.

Checking the host web page, the host does not show that the server is
in a scheduled downtime and no downtime alert is generated or seen in
the alert history.  Looking at the bottom of the host web page as well
as the Downtime web page, Nagios shows that the server is scheduled for
downtime during the specified time frame.

If I turn around and schedule it as fixed downtime, everything works
properly.  Looking at the alert history, a downtime alert is generated.
Looking at the host web page, the server shows that it is within a
scheduled downtime period.

Again, I have tested this on both a production and a test system and
both show the same results.  Both systems are Nagios 1.0b5 on Red Hat
Linux 7.3.

Thanks.

Nolan