Request

Sean Knox sean.knox at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 17 18:03:48 CEST 2002

Hi Wibo,

First, check out
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xedtemplate.html. I missed that
doc. section my first time around. It explains everything I'm going to
tell you.

In your cgi.cfg, you specify where your extended host and service info
files are, e.g.

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg

In hostextinfo.cfg, you define your extended host info. Here's a
template and a extended host definition:

# Debian GNU/Linux Extended Host Info Template.
define hostextinfo{
        name debian
        icon_image                  /hosticons/debian.png
        icon_image_alt             Debian GNU/Linux
        vrml_image                  /hosticons/debian.png
        statusmap_image         /hosticons/debian.png
        gd2_image                  /hosticons/debian.png
        register                        0                       ;  DO
NOT REGISTER THIS
        }

Remember that the path to yours icons is <nagiosdir>/share/images/logos.
I added a hosticons directory under logos to organize things.

Now, the actual host information:

# Debian servers
define hostextinfo{
        use debian
        host_name              mail,www,mar,luna,t1,t2
}

Note that I am missing some extended host information entries, such as
notes_url, 2d_coords, and 3d_coords. I don't use them at the moment, so
they're not listed.

Adding icons to services is done the same way. Hope this helps! Big
thanks to Jon Lyons for helping me initially. :)

Sean