Paint-by-numbers

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 21:35:11 CEST 2002

Yes all good points, but if we can get someone to a write a basic 1-2-3 it'll greatly help the new users. The Documention is great once you have a good base of how things are added/created/polled...
Basically the FAQ page needs more information added to it, and it'd be nice if it was able to search the docs for specific commands for syntax and stuff. I'd take a stab at it, but I don't know how to read... :)

 "Carroll, Jim P [Contractor]" <jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com> wrote:You've brought up a couple of excellent points which I'd like to address.

1. Writing docs is often a thankless task. I know I've tried my hand at it,
and tried to 'remove' myself far enough to ask myself what a newbie to the
things I've had my hands all over would want to know. The deeper you get
into the technology, the harder it is to recall everything that you wanted
to put in the docs.

2. Spelling/grammar boo-boos. It's been a while since I've scoured the
Nagios docs, but I do recall finding a couple mistakes here and there.
Assuming I find them, what's the best process for me to submit corrections?

Honestly, the Nagios documentation is one thing which *really* impressed me.
The impressive features had a little bit to do with it, too. ;)

jc

faith.yahoo.com