Pls Clarify 4 me.. disable service via webinte rface

Marcus Nilsson Marcus.Nilsson at Cannondale.com
Wed Oct 16 10:47:31 CEST 2002

You have to enable external command checking;
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/extcommands.html

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: doug.moore at ibill.com [mailto:doug.moore at ibill.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 8:28 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Pls Clarify 4 me.. disable service via
webinterface

Why won't nagios all me to disable a service via the web interface?  I have
the following defined in my services.cfg

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       10.148.21.25
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  laptopgrp
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

I use the web interface, in the service information page. I select to
"disable checks of this service" which is "ping".  Nagios responds...

"Sorry, but Nagios is currently not checking for external commands, so your
command will not be committed!"

Huh? Did I config something incorrect? If I can't disable a service, the why
is being displayed as an option for me?

thanks

the system manager.