nagios and solaris

Bryan Liles lilesb at ijet.com
Tue Oct 15 23:36:20 CEST 2002

Has anyone here compiled nagios + mysql + gd on solaris cleanly?

I've been looking at this for a while, and I have some pointers:

/configure  --with-mysql-lib=/opt/mysql/lib/
--with-mysql-inc=/opt/mysql/include --prefix=/home/nagios
--with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp-nagios --with-mysql-xdata
--with-gd=../gd-1.8.4/

- You don't need to actually install gd... download it, and extract it,
compile it, and use the extraction directory

- I've had much better luck compiling when I declare libs and libdirs at
the the end of a gcc command line

- When compiling the CGIs, I've had to manually add -lm, -lsocket,
-lnls, and -lz for clean compiles.

I have been maintaing a set of configure patches and Makefile.in patches
to solve these problems, and I will release them to whomever asks.
These files are most likely not compatible with any server beyond the
ones I maintain, but you will get more mileage with Solaris 8 than with
any other OS.

Good Luck and Happy Nagiosin'