Nagios is badly documented :(

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Tue Oct 15 18:23:42 CEST 2002

I'm with you, John.  I found no shortage of detailed documentation.  WAY
more than I'd ever expected to find for an open-source project like this
one.

For those of you who might have missed this, look at
http://www.nagios.org/docs/.  You have your choice of HTML docs online, or
reading/printing a 199-page PDF document.

Some products are too powerful to do what YOU want out of the box, so a
small investment of your time is required to set it up.  It's not hard --
the combination of the documentation, examples in the config files, and
this list, make it a real snap, actually.

> Interesting comment...I found the docuementation to be VERY complete...maybe
> too complete is the problem?  Of course, I read it ALL before I started.....

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe