CGI - 500 - Premature end of script headers

Lars Schenk info at lars-schenk.de
Tue Oct 15 13:03:39 CEST 2002

Hi group,

nagios is running and working but _all_ the CGIs from the web-interface
gave 500.
i.e.:
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/tac.cgi
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statuswrl.cgi
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/outages.cgi

FAQ  @ http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=43
says to "Recompile the CGIs without debugging enabled and this problem
should disappear."

But I have not compiled with debug options - here's my configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp=nagios

My httpd.conf is extended with
--
      ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
        <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">

        Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
        <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
            Options None