Service Dependencies "wildcarding" error ?

Paulo Pinto japh at ip.pt
Tue Oct 15 03:00:17 CEST 2002

Hi all.

I'm trying to setup service dependencies.

In my case, I want ALL services in host A to be dependent of service SERVICE on host B.

So, I've configured dependencies.cfg like this:

define servicedependency{
        host_name                       HOST-B
        service_description             SERVICE
        dependent_host_name             HOST-A
        dependent_service_description   *
        execution_failure_criteria      n
        notification_failure_criteria   u,c
        }

Guess what:

$ /path/to/nagios/bin/nagios -v /path/to/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

(...)
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service '*' on host 'HOST-A' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service '*' on host 'HOST-A' is not defined anywhere!
(...)

I'm using Nagios 1.0b5, btw

Any hints ?

Hugz,