3D World

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Oct 15 00:05:19 CEST 2002

Sorry, I didn't include enough info in my post.  Let me elaborate.

$ grep hostextinfo.cfg cgi.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

It's there.  And now for a couple snippets from hostextinfo.cfg:

define hostextinfo{
        name                    solaris
        icon_image              sun40.gif
        vrml_image              sun40.jpg
        statusmap_image         sun40.gd2
        register                0
        }

define hostextinfo{
        host_name               itdmln01
        use                     solaris
        2d_coords               200,100
        3d_coords               200.0,100.0,100.0
        }

The nifty icons work just fab.  The 2D maps work just fine.  It's just the
3D maps which fail.

A couple of minor quibbles, though.  You mention "xed_template_configfile="
and follow with "or something like that".  I'm hopeful that you were being
vague on the reference to the pathname, and not the keyword (which,
according to the docs, should be "xedtemplate_configfile", not what you've
listed).

Secondly, you've got vrml_image listed twice within the same definition
(albeit with different filenames).  I'm reasonably certain that Nagios will
only use one of them, but if that config works for you, all the more power
to you.

Thanks for the hints anyway; never hurts to go back and look again.  :)

jc