NSCA dies

Chris Quinn cquinn at excitenetwork.com
Sat Oct 12 04:50:47 CEST 2002

I have currently 3 dual 933 piii linux servers, one is the "master" that
gets all of its results via NSCA, It runs beautifully for about an hour,
then it dies, the only thing I see is that just before it dies it goes to
about 3500 processes...OUCH :-(....the plugin servers are redhat 6.2 and
redhat 7.1, they run fine, with the exception of rebooting about once a day,
but that is for another day. The "master" server is redhat 7.2, This one
never reboots but it just kills nsca after a while... If there have been any
bug reports or anybody that had a similar problem that found a resolution,
please respond.... This is a very common output that it gives, I believe it
is OK but I am still putting it in here:-)

End of connection or could not read request from client...

Thank You,
-Chris Quinn
The ExciteNetwork