Am I missing some docs?

doug.moore at ibill.com doug.moore at ibill.com
Fri Oct 11 17:11:14 CEST 2002

I have downloaded nagios and its plugin's.  Printed out the manual, read it,
got nagios installed. Now the fun part, various parts of my install are
failing the "pre-flight". I can get my "nagios" webpage to appear.

I don't know the dependecies between the services, hosts, groups and other
config files.  I don't see anywhere this is outlined. Is this "relationship"
of edit config X, then add to config Y defined somewhere?

What order is the adding of devices done?

1.hosts
2. services
3. dependencies
4. etc

yes, I have read the docs, and the faq, and did a search using google for
some insight... nothing so far has made the light bulb go "off" yet.

thanks

the system manager.