Error: Invalid max_attempts, check_interval, r etry_interval, or notification_interval value for service 'Port Scans'on host 'gate'

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Thu Oct 10 13:45:55 CEST 2002

that depends on what you are trying to accomplish here.

i am going to guess that you are setting up a passive check.  Provided that
this is the case then just use any valid command from checkcommands.cfg
(e.g. check_host_alive) and set its check_period to "none" and provide valid
parameters for the rest of the required service parameters.

If you want a dummy check then use check_dummy![0/1/2]
0=OK,1=WARNING,2=CRITICAL

hth,
dean