Problem with CGI

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Oct 9 21:17:59 CEST 2002

One thing I would check to see is if the default cgi-bin directive is either
altered or commented out. I prefer commenting it out rather than altering it
in order to have it available
as a template.
The default directive has the heading
    "/usr/local/apacheversion number/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever
your ScriptAliased CGI directory exists if you have that configured.

Commenting out the default lines and then subsequently restarting the Apache
server may help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garrett Anestos [mailto:GANESTOS at fisinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:07 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Problem with CGI

Hello all-

I have installed Nagios on a FreeBSD box and I'm having issues access the
website.  I believe my issue resides in the httpd.conf file.  I'm a bit of a
newbie when it comes to Apache.

In the directions it tells me to add this......

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

and this ..............

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Into the the httpd.conf.  I guess it does not mater where they go as long as
the top one is before the bottom one listed above.  Correct? or do they need
to go in the Aliases section of the httpd.conf file?  If it goes in the
script area do I replace the current ones or just add the new ones?

Now the /usr/local/nagios section in the above ScriptAlias/Alias is
different on my installation.  Mine is /netsaint/nagios/sbin which I have
adjusted.  Also I do not have a /nagios/cgi-bin directory as stated
above.....do I need to have one?  If so do I just use the default Apache
one? Do i need to adjust it like so?

ScriptAlias /netsaint/nagios/cgi-bin/ /netsaint/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/netsaint/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny