SNMP?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Oct 9 17:01:00 CEST 2002

the MIBS objects are usually written as
objectName OBJECT-TYPE
 ::= { parentObject leafNumber)

both objectName and parentObject are alphanumeric names and leafNumber is
a number.

to find the oid, you need to trace back thru all the parentObjects and
concatenate the numbers together..

if you have all the MIBs files, you could also try using snmptransalate
from the net-snmp package to the OID from the objectName.

-sg