[Fwd: [Nagios-users] Citrix PlugIn (wish?)]

Wed Oct 9 11:29:16 CEST 2002

Dear Sir,

I am writing about utils.pm to say

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:45:27AM +0200, Tom DE BLENDE wrote:
> Dear Stanley,
>
> Any ideas? For me it works without. Probably a bad path?
>
> Regards,
> Tom

>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> i still have the problem that the plugin isn't working without "use
lib "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/". it can't locate utils...

>> jens
>
> (But the Caps bug got nicely fixed)

that this small Perl module is

 . part of the standard Netsaint/Nag Perl plugins (as of 1.2.9/1.3-beta
Nag
AFAIK)

   that said, the plugin installer may __not__ install utils.pm when it
installs the plugins. In other words, although it's required by all the
standard Perl plugins, it may have to be manually installed.

 . required by the standard Netsaint/Nag Perl plugins

 . should be installed in the 'architecture independent, site specific
Perl module paths'.

These vary depending on Perl version and number of Perls on the
host. For my case (Unix, single OS supplied Perl),

perl -V | grep site_perl | grep -v <arch tag eg i386> shows the

relevant module path (you could put it any of these Paths but site_perl
is best)

The path is '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005' on this FreeBSD
4.x-RELEASE host.

 . can be worked around by the 'use libs' pragma (ie add a 'use libs
'<path_to_utils.pm'>;

I would rather not do this because it _may_ jeopardise the operation of
plugins with an embedded Perl interpreter (in caching/compile once
mode).

I don't know that it does but the embedded Perl Netsaint is far more
fussy about plugins than a plain Netsaint

What I do is copy the module from the plugins-script dir of the Netsaint
plugins directory to my Perl path.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.