Nagios Daemon not starting

Freddy Frouin freddy.frouin at fluxus.net
Wed Oct 9 09:10:56 CEST 2002

nothing interresting in the file pointed by the following var in nagios.cfg:

# LOG FILE
# This is the main log file where service and host events are logged
# for historical purposes.  This should be the first option specified
# in the config file!!!

log_file=/nagios/var/nagios.log

??

if not, I advice you to reconfigure and recompile nagios with one of the
following args:

--enable-DEBUG0 shows function entry and exit
--enable-DEBUG1 shows general info messages
--enable-DEBUG2 shows warning messages
--enable-DEBUG3 shows scheduled events (service and host checks... etc)
--enable-DEBUG4 shows service and host notifications
--enable-DEBUG5 shows SQL queries

Freddy.

On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:08:27 +0000
"Andrew Meyer" <andrewm659 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to run nagios on a Mandrake 8.2/9.0 box.  I have nagios all setup
> and ready to go as far as the web interface.  But when the computer starts
> and begins to start the daemons, nagios, either starts and then sotp
> immidiately or doens't start at all.  I'm not sure what's going on and i
> can't find a log for it.
>
> Andrew Meyer

Freddy Frouin
Responsable Supervision