check_command $ARGx$ with SPACE characters ?

Freddy Frouin freddy.frouin at fluxus.net
Tue Oct 8 17:09:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

	I'm not sure to understand really why it goes like you said, yet
	did you simply try to use "$ARG2$" instead of '$ARG2$'. Maybe
	it's just a stupid suggestion, yet i'm using " char there, and
	I've no problem like this...

	Did you tryed to run you perl script like this to see what happend:
	./check_fogger 1234 'test param1 param2'

	Maybe it is just the shell which is used to start this command
	./check_fogger 1234 'test param1 param2' which do not recognize
	char ' as a char to enclose arguments... What shell is using
	the user starting nagios ?

'hope this help,		Freddy.

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:53:06 +0200
"Thomas Zahari" <thza at whatevermobile.com> wrote:

> Hello Nagios-Users,
>
> I try to use a check_command with a $ARGx$. But the argument can have space
> characters in it.
>
> I tried so much but nothing works.
>
> My config:

> --
> # 'check_fugger' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_fugger
>         command_line    $USER2$/fugger_check.pl $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
> '$ARG2$'
>         }
>
> # Service definition
> define service{
>         use                             generic-service         ; Name of
> service template to use
>
>         host_name                       server
>         service_description             Service1
>         is_volatile                     0
>         check_period                    24x7
>         max_check_attempts              3
>         normal_check_interval           10
>         retry_check_interval            1
>         contact_groups                  linux-admins
>         notification_interval           20
>         notification_period             24x7
>         notification_options            w,u,c,r
>
>         check_command                   check_fugger!1234!test param1 param2
>         }
>
> # Service definition
> define service{
>         use                             generic-service         ; Name of
> service template to use
>
>         host_name                       server
>         service_description             Service2
>         is_volatile                     0
>         check_period                    24x7
>         max_check_attempts              3
>         normal_check_interval           10
>         retry_check_interval            1
>         contact_groups                  linux-admins
>         notification_interval           20
>         notification_period             24x7
>         notification_options            w,u,c,r
>
>         check_command                   check_fugger!2345!test param1
>         }

> My fugger_check.pl script should get something like:
>
> ARGV[0]=192.168.1.1
> ARGV[1]=1234
> ARGV[2]=test param1 param2
>
> or