status map issue + SNMP question

Jon Lyons jlyons30 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 03:50:55 CEST 2002

Having just done this, make sure you compiled with the template-based options, and add

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/serviceextinfo.cfg

to your cgi.cfg file. See the hostextinfo.cfg-sample file for hints..

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xedtemplate.html

 Anoop Atre wrote:
Been checking out Nagios the last few days and the only issue I am left with
has to do with status maps for some reason it doesn't want to show me the
logos
I have in share/images/logos even though I declare them in the cgi.cfg

While I am emailing the list is it suggested that we use SNMP traps in
Nagios
(non-native support if I read the documentation correctly) to get better
network
monitoring? I don't think I need it for regular server monitoring or do I?
I don't know much about the use of SNMP (should read up aye : ) but while I