Solaris 8 Compilation Problems

Jackson Sie jsie at quadrix.com
Tue Oct 8 03:40:03 CEST 2002

Nathan,

You don't say the source of your jpeg, libpng and gd libs.  I ran into
the same problem when I first tried using the libs from sunfreeware.
Are you using these?  Once I retrieved the source for gd and built it
myself, then everything works just dandy.  Apparently the pre-built
libgd.a available from sunfreeware is old enough to not work correctly
with the jpeg and libpng from the same source... Odd I know, but that's
the info I have.

Good luck,
Jackson Sie
Senior Architect