Cannot get web inteface commands to work correctly

John Johnson John.Johnson at Comporium.Com
Mon Oct 7 19:33:19 CEST 2002

Hello Everyone,

Im having a slight problem with the configuration of Nagios, and Im hoping
someone can shed some light on the issue.

I recently installed Nagios 1.0b6, and I have approx. 122 hosts/services
that are being monitored, in a few different groups. I have setup contacts
and email address'
and everything seems to work fine. But my problem comes when I attempt to
run commands from the web interface (ie: creating comments for a device,
restarting the nagios process, disbleing checks for services. Basically all
commands. As you know if you add new hosts, you must restart the nagios
process. And since the command for restarting the nagios process doesnt work
i have to kill the PID# , after doing that the only way to start nagios back
up is to go into the nagios.cfg file and change the
check_external_commands=1 from 1 to 0 , then i need to save that file, then
start up nagios , then i can go in and change the value back to 1.

when i try to execute the commands via the web interface, it actually says
it is working, which is what really throws me off.
Any assistance would be appreaciated.

I am running Redhat 7.3

I have searched the archives for something similar, and have come up empty
handed.

John Johnson
Comporium Communications
John.Johnson at Comporium.com