Problem with host objects behavior..

Gilles Poiret gilles.poiret at noos.fr
Sun Oct 6 19:49:33 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I'm several problems with Hosts objects :

- hosts checks.
When no services are defined, no hosts checks are performed.
Result : status is "pending" since 2 days, while host is ok and plugin works "by hand"
Result 2 : status is "down" since 2 days, while host is ok (IP address that I defined in first move was not the right one..)

When and how hosts checks are performed ?

- networks outages
My configuration :
root : "father" of router1
router1 : "father" of host1, host2, router2
router2 : "father" of host3, host4

when router1 is discovered down, a network outage is flaged.
-> on status map, a red line links router1 to its hosts "sons".
BUT : 1-"sons" host are said ok,
      2-no outages are detected about router2 (it's a router1 son)
	 (logical, in my mind, due to 1- .. but no a good thing !)

Normal ?

- hosts checks when services are down

When a host down, I received services alerts for it, and if the downtime is long enough, i receive the host alert.
I beleived that when services checks returned a trouble, a host check was performed and if a host problem was detected, only the host notification was sent..

That's not the case ?
Is this a configuration problem ?

Thanks for advance.

--