illegal_macro_output_chars

Steve Loughran stevelml1 at scee.sony.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 18:19:17 CEST 2002

this is a new config entry in 106b (or earlier.. cant remember). if you have
upgraded from an earlier version, then the old config will not have these
new entries and nagios will fail.

they appear just below the `date_format` entry in the config file, and look
something like this:

=======================

# ILLEGAL OBJECT NAME CHARACTERS
# This options allows you to specify illegal characters that cannot
# be used in host names, service descriptions, or names of other
# object types.

illegal_object_name_chars=`~!$%^&*|'"<>?,()=

# ILLEGAL MACRO OUTPUT CHARACTERS
# This options allows you to specify illegal characters that are
# stripped from macros before being used in notifications, event
# handlers, etc.  This DOES NOT affect macros used in service or
# host check commands.
# The following macros are stripped of the characters you specify:
#       $OUTPUT$, $PERFDATA$

illegal_macro_output_chars=`~$&|'"<>

Steve