Nrpe messages

Brian Whitehead brian.whitehead at digitalevergreen.com
Fri Oct 4 16:34:35 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 09:43, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> Aha!  So I'm not the only one!  ;-)
>
> Until now, I thought there was something funky about my setup.  (I still
> haven't ruled this out.)
>
> jc

I had a similar issue once.  It turned out to be a change I made me
ipchains rules.  Check both your client and server tcp/ip configs and
any firewalling you may have setup.  If you're running ipchains/iptables
or anything similar, try flushing all of the rules.  Make sure tcp/ip is
not misconfigured, like an incorrect subnet mask.  Once you've gone over
it all, try restarting xinetd, assuming you setup nrpe to be run from
xinetd.

--
Brian Whitehead - A+, LCP, RHCE
Systems Administrator