ANN: Nagios 1.0 beta 6 RPM packages for Red Hat Linux

Ramiro Morales rm-rpms at gmx.net
Thu Oct 3 16:46:35 CEST 2002

Karl,

On 2 Oct 2002 at 20:05, Karl DeBisschop wrote about "Re: [Nagios-users]
ANN: Nagios 1.0 beta 6 RPM pac":

> The spec in the nagios CVS tree differs from what you posted. Should I
> merge them to the extent feasible?

Well, I think that, modulo some buglets, the specfile now included
with Nagios is better suited for a more distribution (and OS?) agnostic
RPM package, while my package is targeted straight to Red Hat Linux
systems.

So IMHO it would be wise to merge only the fixes that are
still missing, and leaving out the RHL-isms I added. That's why I
posted the link below to the human readable list of modifications
I made to the NetSaint package, that list plus the changelog of the
Nagios specfile of my package should aid in the process of selecting
which fixes are worth being merged.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

> > (The list of fixes The annoucement email message I sent to the
> > netsaint-users mailing list can be fount at:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1603316
> > )

Regards,

--