Setting up notify-by-email

Marcus Nilsson Marcus.Nilsson at Cannondale.com
Thu Oct 3 15:16:04 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I am having difficulties setting up the notify-by-email function in nagios.
How did You guys set up your notify-by-email? What program are you piping
your text into? Do I need to set up sendmail or would it simply work with a
client set up for SMTP? I have an Exchange server on the LAN that I can use
for sending mails.

Im running Nagios 1.0b6 on a standard install of Slackware Linux 8.1

Some guidance would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus