AW: Incorrect command line arguments supplied erro r message

Schindewolf, Stefan, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE Stefan.Schindewolf at Infraserv.com
Wed Oct 2 15:42:23 CEST 2002

You only have to provide

check_command	check_nrpe!check_disk1

in your services.cfg.

The nrpe on the target machine should translate that into /../check_disk 80
95 ...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kaplan, Andrew H. [mailto:AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2002 15:24
An: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [Nagios-users] Incorrect command line arguments supplied error
message

Hi,

I have installed the nrpe plugin on the nagios host and the daemon on a
remote host. However, when I try to monitor the disk space usage on the
remote host, I encounter the following error
on via the web browser:

			INCORRECT COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS SUPPLIED

The text that I added on the host machine is as follows:

	checkcommands.cfg:
		# 'check_nrpe' command definition
		define command{
			command_name	check_nrpe
			command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
			}

	services.cfg
		# Service definition
		define service{
			use			generic-service		;
Name of service template to use

			host_name		bugzilla.mgh.harvard.edu
			service_description	Free Space
			is_volatile		0
			check_period		24x7
			max_check_attempts	3
			normal_check_interval	1
			contact_groups		linux-admins
			notification_interval	120
			notification_period	24x7
			notification_options	w,u,c,r
			check_command
check_nrpe!command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95
/dev/hda5

I installed the nrpe daemon and nrpe.cfg filesonto the remote host at
/usr/local/nagios. I created the /usr/local/nagios/libexec directory there
as well. I copied the check_disk, check_load,
check_procs, and the check_users plugins from the host machine into the
libexec directory on the remote machine. The nrpe file was created in the
/etc/xinetd.d directory. Also,  I added
the following line to the nrpe.cfg file:

command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95 /dev/hda5

What arguments did I miss or have the wrong syntax for?