gdlib statusmap.cgi not compiling on RH8.0 des pite advice here...

Ruecker, Rainer RRuecker at PSI.de
Sat Nov 30 02:38:37 CET 2002

Hmm, does the command

rpm -qa | grep ^gd

return the names of the gd-devel packages too?
If not, install these rpms for rh 8.0
gd-devel-1.8.4-9.i386.rpm
libpng-devel-1.2.2-6.i386.rpm
libjpeg-devel-6b-21.i386.rpm

and try again.

> 2) used default config and makes and did not get a statusmap.cgi
>
> 3) did a"make clean" (this by the way, deletes config.cache) and then
> did a new ./configure using these options:  --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib
>  --with-gd-inc=/usr/lib/include
> and then all the makes...
> still no joy.
>
> 4) cleaned up and tried again...  even less joy...
>
> Can I just separately compile the "missing" cgi's (and if so,
> how exactly)
>
> Anyone gotten this to work under RH8 yet?

Not RH8 yet, but I've noticed that RedHat has the
habit to keep the devel-libraries separate ...

HTH
Rainer Ruecker