Problems with plugin since Nagios v1.0b6

Christoph Stoppe stoppe at adesso.de
Fri Nov 29 11:12:20 CET 2002

Hi,

since we switched from Nagios version 1.0beta5 to 1.0beta6 (and now to
version 1.0), the check_temptrax plugin stopped working. In the service
detail view i always see "(No Output!)" in the "Status information:" field,
but when i call the plugin from shell (with the same commandline defined in
checkcommands.cfg) i get the correct output:

nagios at tortona:~/lib > /www/nagios/lib/check_temptrax -w 26 -c 30 -S 1
Temp Ok: Sensor 1 = 23.7 Deg. C
nagios at tortona:~/lib >

The service is defined in services.cfg like this:

# Service definition
define service{
       use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

       host_name                       tortona
       service_description             Temperatur
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              3
       normal_check_interval           10
       retry_check_interval            5
       contact_groups                  linux-admins
       notification_interval           120
       notification_period             24x7
       notification_options            c,r
       event_handler                   notify-by-email
       check_command                   check_temptrax
}

The command entry in checkcommands.cfg is:

# 'check_temptrax' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_temptrax
        command_line    /www/nagios/lib/check_temptrax -w 26 -c 30 -S 1
        }

When i replace the "command_line" parameter with the command line of the
"check_ping" command everything works fine...

Any hints on this?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph Stoppe
--
| a d e s s o  AG              | Fon  : +49 231 930 - 9342    |