trends & availability reports...

Freddy Frouin freddy.frouin at fluxus.net
Wed Nov 27 15:51:32 CET 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:39:22 -0500
David Lebel <lebel at lebel.org> wrote:

> Quoting Freddy Frouin (freddy.frouin at fluxus.net):
> > well, it mean that during this period nagios did not know what was the
> > monitoring status... It could happend for 2 reasons - for what I
> > personnaly know about that - :
> > 	- if you've included the current day, nagios go to tonight 00.00
> > 	so it consider time from now to tonight 00.00 as undeterminated.
>
> I noticed that if I put as the first "Assumed state" to Host up, then I
> get the 100% up.  Mind you, I didn't have any host down since I setup
> this config of Nagios.  Do I always have to set a start start other than
> "Unspecified" ?

	Yeah, it's right too if you ask nagios to report for host or
	service availability in the past and if at that time your hosts
	or services did not logged anything... If you tell nagios to
	assumed that no informations in log files is equivalent to
	an up state ('assumed to be up') it will then tell you it
	was up 100% up, even if at that time hosts or services were
	not supervised...

--
Freddy Frouin
Responsable Supervision