Escalations for multiple service

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Nov 26 00:10:32 CET 2002

I have a Nagios instance with about 40 services and 1 host.  This is an
instance that goes and talks to a couple of other Nagios instances,
groups things together into common categories, and does paging.
 However, of these 40 services, we have about 4 different escalations
that are used.  These escalations all have about 5-6 steps in them (a
step being a point where the notification group changes).

My question is, is there a way to put multiple service descriptions on
the service_description line of an escalation definition?  I know you
can put *, which worked when all 40 services had the same escalation.
 With 6 steps, this was only 6 escalation definitions, very managable.
 If I can put multiple service descriptions on one line, this will be 4
x 6 = 24 definitions, still managable.  But if I can't do that, this is
now going to be 40 x 6 = 240 escalation definitions.

So, is this possible, or if not, can it be made possible.  To me, it
definitely seems worthwhile having.

-Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti