plugin timeout

Evan Mann emann at questinc.org
Mon Nov 25 14:41:45 CET 2002

I'm still having trouble locating the setting that will let me increase the
plugin timeout from 10 seconds to something higher.  An example of the error
is below

It was suggested i check service_check_timeout and host_check_timeout.  The
following is their default settings, un aletered from install"
service_check_timeout=60
host_check_timeout=30

My command_check_interval is set to 15s.  My check_ping and check_host_alive
are both:
command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000,80% -c 5000,100%
-p 1

I can't find a setting of "10" in any of my configs and I'm not sure if I'm
supposed to modify the check_ping to get rid of this.
**** Nagios 1.0b6 *****
Notification Type: PROBLEM
Host: skipper-soho-ext
State: DOWN
Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Info: CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds
Date/Time: Mon Nov 25 08:32:49 EST 2002