nagios.cmd: who else needs to CHMOD after restarts?

Rico Gloeckner rico at noris.net
Mon Nov 25 09:36:50 CET 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 06:45:40PM -0600, Mike McClure wrote:
> Why would you want any user on the system to be able to write to that pipe and
> therefore issue commands?  That's what the permissions you are setting
> there allow.

This might be a minor Problem if you are running nagios on a dedicated
Machine.

> > Anyone else had issues with the nagios.cmd file when restarting the nagios
> > daemon? Anyone know what the real reason is behind this is?

Please check the initial Permission of the File. For me it is the
dedicated User and Group which i configured in nagios.cfg, the File
itself is 0664 chmodded. So adding the httpd User (www-data, www,
nobody) into the dedicated Group will solve your issue.

	-rg