NAGIOS on SunOS 5.8 (SunFire)

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Nov 21 22:57:30 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 16:22, Naman Latif wrote:
> Hi,
> I am going to install NAGIOS on Solaris 8 Platform. I know it says on
> the Website that NAGIOS will run on any Unix Environment, but Does
> anyone know of any issues that may comeup while installing it on
> Solaris intead of Linux ?
>
> Any helpful tips would be much appreciated.

For the plugins, use the snapshot from
http://www.debisschop.net/src/nagios/

There a lot of solaris fixes in there, as there was one point for a week
or two where things were pretty harsh for non-linux builds.

These days, the plugins should build cleanly on most platforms (OS-X is
the one exception I know of). GNU make should NOT be required, unless
you build for multiple platforms in subdirectories off the top of the
tarball.

Get them now, as I'll be offline in a few days while I move. I'll see if
I can get an alternate location set up, but no promises.

As for nagios, I am also using the CVS tree, as reflected a snapshot
from a few weeks ago. Haven't built that on Solaris, but it has been
running well for me on linux.

--
Karl