RES: Nagios in a large production network

Sandro Merg Vaz sandro at opservices.com.br
Wed Nov 20 23:05:13 CET 2002

James:

1) Nagios does not discover anything. You have to define each host you
want to monitor.
2) Handle SNMP traps is not the main target of Nagios, which works with
a plugin concept (even though it is posible, if you read de docs).

But if you look at the Nagios main page, section User Profiles
(http://www.nagios.org/userprofiles/), you may the there is a lot of
networks, of all sizes, which is using this solution.

HTH,

Sandro Vaz