Basic question...

timk at perljam.net timk at perljam.net
Wed Nov 20 01:31:20 CET 2002

Hi all,

  I recognize that this is probably a very basic question, but I've tried
googling (using '+Nagios "hosts.cfg"'), reading through the FAQ, and
searching the mailing list archives, and I've not been able to find the
answer to this question.

  I've gotten Nagios installed just fine, but I'm trying to define the
machines & services to monitor.  When editing the services.cfg file, I've
seen the 'notification options' entries (w,u,c,r), but I've not been able
to find anything that tells me what 'w,u,c,r' stand for.  The same thing
goes for the notification options in the hosts.cfg file.  I've speculated
that the 'd,u,r' in the hosts.cfg probably stands for 'D'own,
'U'nreachable and I haven't yet figured out what the 'R' stands for.

  Like I said, I know that it's probably a pretty remedial question, but
I'd be appreciative if someone could throw a "clue stick" this way...

Thanks,

T.