Configuring for Postgresql

Mike Zazulak zazmk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 19:36:07 CET 2002

Hi All

I am new at a company who uses nagios. I have never
used it before but I do have a varied background using
linux. the guy who installed nagios and was
responsible for maintaining it quit and left no
documentation.

they are wanting to goto a Postgresql system and they
are currently using flat files.

the problem I am having is this:

When I installed nagios, my configure command was like
this:

./configure --with-pgsql-xdata
--with-cgi-url=/cgi-bin/nagios --with-htmurl=/nagios
--with-pgsql-lib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
--with-pgsql-inc=/usr/local/pgsql/include

With this configuration i was getting the error -
pgsql/lib-fe.h not found.
I edited the files in the xdata directory to point at
the correct location of the file -
/usr/local/pgsql/include/lib-fe.h

I also used the same onfigure command for the nagios
plugins. Everythign looked like it installed fine.
After doing the configuration and attempting to run
nagios I ended up with this error:

/nagios: error while loading shared libraries:
libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Which is a postgresql file.
I also get the error in my apache error log when I try
to click on one of the cgi scripts.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how
to configure the nagios for postgres ?

My paths currently are:

nagios - /usr/local/nagios
postgres - /usr/local/pgsql