Email messages getting truncated.

Scott lists.scott at themagicbox.net
Mon Nov 18 06:15:47 CET 2002

I might suggest trying to enclose your messages in quotes inside your
misccommands.cfg. This will lock all the extra characters with a slight
side effect.. any quotes you have in the messages will screw with you
somewhat.. Its a pay off and unfornutely doesnt always work.. remember
that ' ' or " " work the same way in this instant (If I remember
correctly) So you can figure out which one is nicer to use.

heres an example

# 'host-notify-by-epager' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-epager
        command_line    /home/sites/home/nagios/libexec/smsclient.pl
$CONTACTPAGER$ '$HOSTALIAS$ : $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ : $HOSTSTATE$'
        }

I know this is a paging definition but they are both the same overall.
Just take note of the quotes around the actual message.

Hope this helps just a little.

Scott