simple http syntax quesion

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Nov 15 22:33:54 CET 2002

Here's how I would do it.

>From checkcommands.cfg:

# 'check_http' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_http
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$
        }

>From services.cfg:

# HTTP baseline template
define service{
        name                            http
        use                             icmp
        service_description             HTTP
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http!80
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        name                            http_ssl
        use                             http
        service_description             SSL
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http!443
        register                        0
        }

define service{
        host_name                       jedi
        use                             http_ssl
        contact_groups                  unix-admins
        }

HTH

jc