Multiple instances of nagios on the same box

Johannes Dagemark johannes.dagemark at wheelnetworks.com
Fri Nov 15 20:20:54 CET 2002

No I recompiled nagios instead of patching.

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/nagios-demo \
--with-htmurl=/nagios-demo \
--with-cgiurl=/nagios-demo/cgi-bin \
--with-nagios-user=demo \
--with-nagios-grp=demo \
--with-command-user=demo \
--with-command-grp=demo

The first instance of nagios was compiled with
./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/nagios \
--with-nagios-user=nagios \
--with-nagios-grp=nagios \
--with-command-user=nagios \
--with-command-grp=nagios \
--with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin \
--with-htmurl=/nagios

So I even use diffrent uid's for the diffrent instances. I think I have covered
everything stated in the faq http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=22

Im not shure I know what the Apache env method is. I use a .htaccess file in the
/share directory for authentication and add the users in the .htpasswd file to
cgi.cfg.

I really apriciate any suggestions

/Johannes