Web interface authentication

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Nov 15 17:50:58 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 11:33, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> I've wondered about that too, but I hand out guest/guest to anyone I think
> needs read-only access to the system.
>
> Maybe you could set up a null password for guest.

Im my case, some IP ranges can connect via HTTP ad get access without
login. Those sessions get guest as a default user ID.

But HTTPS always requires login, and that's the only way you can do
anything more than read data.

In apache, you could also setup 2 virtual directories that point to the
same paths on disk, and have different authentication schemes for each.

I think the key point here, however, is that you need to be looking at
your web server configs in conjunction with your nagios configs.

--
Karl

Karl DeBisschop <karl at debisschop.net>